Pages

El albergue

El albergue

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tea Time

As I sit here on my bed, drowsily content, I cuddle my warm cup of tea in my hands. I’ve just had a wonderful nap to counteract the sapping of a busy work schedule. The joyful prospect of community choir practice shines bright in the near future (very near… in fact, I should probably be getting ready to go right now). The gardens are cheerfully bathed in sunshine outside my sliding glass door…

And this tea ties it all together. My perpetually chilly fingers curl around its warmth. My nose is filled with its fragrant steam. My mouth, throat, and belly are soothed by its liquid caress. I might even go so far as to say that it’s working its way around to calming my very heart!

How does it do this? How does a simple cup of tea manage to impart so much comfort and complete such a quiet moment?

As the level of tea in my mug drops, I find myself wishing it were somehow bottomless, that I could keep on sipping it forever, that this moment of perfect peace would never go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment