Pages

El albergue

El albergue

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An introduction


During this past Easter break, my friend Ashleigh and I took a nice little trip through a couple of the bigger cities in Italy. The itinerary: Rome – Venice – Padua – Florence – Rome again. It would have been wonderful to be able to see more cities or even just spend a little more time in the ones we went to. After all, one of my favorite ways to travel is to just relax in the place I find myself, taking time to soak in the things that surround me… and that’s a little difficult when you have a limited time to see an unlimited list of sites and attractions.

We tried our hardest to get some balance in our trip, with as much site seeing as we could handle as well as plenty of moments of quietly sitting and enjoying a meal or a simple coffee. Heck, even just going to the bathroom can sometimes qualify for a little break if you’ve been staring at ancient art for the past four hours and need a little bit of plain white wall space to cleanse your cluttered brain.

Some of my favorite relaxed moments were when the two of us were journaling. At a café table with empty coffee cups in front of us, during a walk through a museum filled with interesting things, or in the gently swaying train taking us to another city, we wrote and sketched and planned in our little travel journals, thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

Now, going back and looking through all the pages I filled with my tiny writing, I thought how wonderful it would be to be able to share the things I was thinking and feeling in the moment with everyone. But since reproducing every word might be a little bit of an overload, I decided that over the next few days or so, I’m going to post a few of the best highlights of each city we visited.

So, (drum roll please) I am now proud to present Excerpts from a Travel Journal. Enjoy!

We journal whenever, wherever!

No comments:

Post a Comment