Pages

El albergue

El albergue

Friday, May 18, 2012

Better late than never...


So, this post has been practically a whole week in coming… I don’t know what it was, life just seemed to keep getting in the way of me sitting down and writing.  But finally, at last, after six days have passed, I am here.  I am writing.  I hope it is worth the wait for everyone…

Just to give you an idea of the location of what I describe below...

Last Saturday night.  Fireworks celebration for San Isidro.  Who’s San Isidro?  Patron saint of Madrid.  I think.  Regardless, amazing night.  Awesome.  Pretty much left normal adjectives behind in the dust.  I almost cried.  Why?  Well, imagine…

Lake in Retiro Park.  Backdrop of colored lights playing over the statuary of the Estanque.  Giant, blasting loudspeakers.  Classical music thundering out over the lake.  Gorgeous music.  Moving music.  Perfectly accompanying fireworks.  What kind of fireworks?  Well, imagine…

Shimmering silver fish leaping joyfully from the surface of the lake.  A luminescent waterfall encircling the statuary in an embrace worthy of a bridal scene.  Bursts of shining spirals dancing and twirling across the sky in perfect imitation of the lilting melodies.  Clouds of multi-colored fireflies winking on and off as they swim through the sky.  Delightfully gigantic roman candles throwing even more gigantic reflections out over the lake in front of them.  Impressively synchronized and sparkling columns reminiscent of rows of stately palms lining a triumphal march.  Pompous clouds of golden fire taking up all the visible sky, claiming undivided attention from the moment of their instant expansion to the moment of their quivering dissipation. 

Seriously.  It was that beautiful.  I was transported.  I almost cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment