Pages

El albergue

El albergue

Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh neighbors…


Finally, now that I’ve been up for an hour, I can go back to sleep.  Sigh.  I don’t have to go to work today, and all I wanted to do this morning was sleep in.

Here’s the problem.  One thing about living in a giant apartment type building is that you are easily disturbed by noisy neighbors.  For the most part, we’ve got pretty great neighbors – no raucous parties in the middle of the night or upstairs neighbors who like river dancing.  However, there is someone around the central patio area outside my window who decided that this morning was a great time to take up their frequent hobby of banging away at heaven knows what.  It’s a monotonous sound – bang bang bang bang bang…pause…bang bang bang.  While rather annoying, it’s common enough that I believe I might have been able to sleep through it if not for the neighbor on the other side of the building who for some reason though that 9:30 in the morning was the absolutely perfect time to drill a hole through their wall.  Or actually, probably every single one of his walls, for how long that awful, sleep-depriving drone whined on.  Who knows, maybe it was someone trying to drill a tunnel under the building to rob the bank.  Whatever their intention might have been, the dull roar has finally stopped now, so that means I can go back to sleep….oh wait, now my roommate’s up and cleaning her room with her music on…bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment